While asphalt is often marginally cheaper, concrete can last longer and has many more design options. Concrete in Salem is our top choice.
Saving money is an important consideration for everyone, regardless of the financial situation of you or your company. That’s why many people are initially attracted to asphalt paving. Unfortunately, choosing asphalt over concrete is often times a financial mistake in the long run. Concrete has often been more expensive than asphalt paving as far as initial construction costs go. Here are a few reasons why that line of logic is quickly becoming false:
- Concrete lasts much longer than asphalt does on average, which spreads the costs over a much longer period of time. On average, concrete will last 40+ years, whereas asphalt will last 20+ years. Learn about properly maintaining your concrete.
- Concrete is cheaper to maintain and requires less attention in general than asphalt does. Think about it, how often do you see asphalt parking lots being repaved?
- Asphalt is petroleum-based, meaning that the prices for asphalt are increasing, and the initial costs of asphalt are now comparable to the initial costs of a concrete pouring job.
- Concrete can be stamped with different designs, which means you can have a bigger say on the aesthetics of your concrete job than you could with asphalt.
- Concrete also has varying color options. Asphalt is only black.
With these points in mind, it’s important to remember that concrete is often times a cost-leader over asphalt in the long run, and it’s competitive in initial pricing as well. It is much more customizable, will last twice as long, requires less maintenance, and will match lighter colored homes or businesses much better.
If you’re looking for Salem concrete contractors, you’re looking in the right place. Give us a call today for a free concrete quote for your Salem-area home or business.